In fact, hair transplantation starts with a few procedures purposed and planned by a high skilled surgeon after evaluating all required information related to the candidate like his/her donor zone quality, etc. Hair transplantation begins with the extraction of grafts from the donor zone and ends up with implating that graft into the recipient section. There are a few different hair transplantation techniques. Let’s discuss together its methods and procedures.
INITIAL STAGE OF HAIR TRANSPLANT
Especially patients from all over the world reach out to the Long Hair Center for their hair transplantation. They are asked to send their pictures of the donor zone –where the grafts are taken from- and implanted area- where the grafts are placed into. These pictures are analyzed by our expert Dr. Ahmet YILDIRIM. According to his analyses, a patient’s treatment report is prepared which includes the number of grafts, the number of sessions, the recipient area would be determined.
Before surgery, Dr. Ahmet Yildirim meets with patients in advance and tries to find out the medical history of the patients. Generally following question are asked by the doctor:
- ‘Do patients ever have had a hair transplant operation before?’,
- ‘Do patients use any medications regularly?’,
- ‘Do patients have any disease?’,
- ‘Do they have any allergies to medicines?
After questions got answered and a tentative plan is made, the patient is taken to the operating room to get the operation started.
|HAIR TRANSPLANT PROCEDURES|
- The hairline is drawn by the doctor according to the patient’s age, face shape and facial muscles. After the approval of the patient, the final touch is confirmed.
- The patient’s scalp is then shaved. (If it needs.)
- The patient lies face down to get extracted the grafts from the donor area.
- The donor area is made numb with painless local anesthesia.
- The graft extraction process is performed with the latest technology of FUE.
- All these extracted grafts are collected into a few glass petry with the help of a tool that looks like tweezers and stored in a liquid with a special solution to protect the survival duration of the grafts.
- Local anesthesia is performed on the recipient zone.
- The most important step of hair transplantation is opening the channels at the bald zone which determines the best natural and future appearance.
- The final process is the implantation of extracted grafts that require great patience and dedication.
- Throughout the whole procedure, the patient’s blood pressure and circulation are controlled by the experienced team. At the end of the surgery, to prevent infections the donor zone is washed with sterile water, applied the antibiotic cream and covered with a bandage.
- 1 or 2 days after the surgery, the bandage is removed and the scalp is washed. Patients are informed in detail about hair washing
|MOST COMMON METHODS IN HAIR TRANSPLANTATION|
- DHI METHOD ( Direct Hair Implantation)
- FUE METHOD (Follicular Unit Extraction)
- UNSHAVED HAIR IMPLANTATION METHOD
DHI METHOD ( Direct Hair Implantation)
DHI method is not so much different from the FUE method. It is also called as a name of Choi pen.
It is the latest popular method. The only difference between them is the way of implanting the newly extracted grafts which are placed into the bald zone without opening the channels.
On the other hand in the FUE method, the channels are opened before the implantation. So in FUE, the process of opening the channels and implanting the grafts are performed one by one with a specific duration, while in DHI both processes are getting performed at the same time.
It takes more effort and time than FUE, sometimes the operation is divided into 2 sessions or days to reach a maximum number of grafts. In FUE more than 4500 grafts are extracted and implanted within 8-9 hours but in DHI we need to plan to complete this target in 2 days back to back.
Indeed it is decided by the expert which scalp requires what type of method in order to get the best result.
FUE SAPPHIRE METHOD
FUE Sapphire is one of the latest technologies in which the grafts are extracted homogeneously based on the donor capacity without any wound scar and scattered patches.
The number and quality of grafts are important for the natural hair look. As the number of grafts increase, the density on the bald zone is covered at the same rate. The hair from the backside of the head (above the neck) and above the ears do not fall out because they are considered naturally strong and genetically resistant to DHT that causes hair loss.
Every follicle (grafts) of this donor area has a different shape, depth and angle; these factors might change from person to person. One graft may contain single, double, triple or quadruple hair strands. The important point in this step is to extract the follicles with the dual, triple and quadruple bunch as it is with the original way.
The thickness of the hair should be considered for the extraction due to the tool(punch) that may differ in thick hair vs. thin hair. It is determined by the doctor himself. 0.8-4mm punch is used for thinner hair 0.9-4mm punch is used for thicker hair.
With the help of a micromotor, the target grafts are carefully drilled/carved and the grafts are collected one by one with the help of a tool like a tweezer.
UNSHAVED HAIR IMPLANTATION METHOD
Unshaved hair transplantation is a hair transplant method that is determined by our expert as per the recipient area’s eligibility examined.
We, as an expert of the hair implantation, generally suggest this method for women, patients who have less densified hair and want to get implantation between existing hair or only for the frontline area implantations.
In other words, if the bald zone is too much and implantation with full density is required, we recommend the implantation with shaving in order to use the surface area of the scalp comfortably at the maximum level of extraction.
Remember, we do our job with love for your happiness!